Friday, January 30, 2009

Chapter 2 - CRCB - Developing Your College Vocabulary - Summary

“CRCB”: Chapter 2 – Developing Your College Vocabulary – Summary

This chapter covers how important learning, understanding and building your vocabulary really are. When you learn new vocabulary, you can understand what you read better, as well as be able to communicate and listen better. You can increase your academic skills and increase your chance of landing a job you really want. There are many different ways to learn the vocabulary words you do not know. Some examples are: using context clues, word analysis, writing in your textbook, creating word maps (mind maps of words), understanding the denotation and connotation, journaling and the card review system. Take some time and look words up in the dictionary to learn their meaning. This chapter really hit home for me because vocabulary is not a strength of mine. I do always feel there is not enough time to stop at every word I don’t know and look it up. Now I know that I can write the word in a journal and take the time to look it up later. This chapter will be beneficial to me because I plan to spend more time looking up and understanding words I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment