Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CRCB - Chapter 9 - PSR Strategies Summary

“CRCB”: Chapter 9 – PSR Strategies Summary

This chapter teaches the reader how the PSR method works when applied to your readings. PSR stands for Preview, Study-Read, and Review Strategies. The first step is to preview your reading. It is best if you skim your reading and develop some questions that you can ask yourself. Turn the headings or subheading into questions. This will make you more engaged in your reading. As you are reading you will be searching for the answers to your questions. Then you should be able to assess your understanding of what you just read. If there are any parts of the reading that are still unclear, you should have your questions answered. Maybe you will just need to re-read the part that is unclear to you. Or maybe you will need to ask your instructor or classmate for some help. It is very important to understand what you read though. Out of this chapter I learned some ways that can make me more engaged in my readings. I will try to ask myself some questions in my readings. Hopefully that will make me concentrate more on what I am reading. Sometimes I find it hard to stay focused on certain reading material. Maybe this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment