Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TFY - Chapter 8 - Viewpoints Summary

“TFY”: Chapter 8 – Viewpoints – Summary

This chapter speaks of different viewpoints and being aware of them. The majority of this chapter focuses on the different viewpoints in politics. There are figures shown in this chapter on The Left-to-Right Political Spectrum and The Two-Axis Model of Political Views. I think looking as this figures gives me a better idea as to how political views are divided up in this country. Something that was mentioned in this chapter that I thought was interesting that I never really thought about was how even the news portrays a person’s or group’s viewpoint. I never really thought of that until now. I also learned in this chapter the importance of understanding my own viewpoint and well as others. I think of myself as someone who has an open-mind and listens to others beliefs or points of view. And I agree that this is very important for communicating with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment