Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TFY - Chapter 7 - Evaluations - Summary

“TFY”: Chapter 7 – Evaluations – Summary

This chapter is all about evaluations. To evaluate something, you are examining, making an estimate on, determining the worth of, and/ or judging something. You need to be aware that sometimes it is possible to make a premature evaluation. You also need to be aware that evaluations are not facts. There are different situations that can sway our evaluation on something. Our own expectations can sway our evaluation as well as word connotation, and propaganda. I would say that word connotation and propaganda is something that you need to keep an eye out for when making your evaluations. These can easily sway you in a negative way. There are also skilled evaluations which, I think is more acceptable to listen to. An example would be to listen to a medical evaluation from a Doctor. What I gathered from this chapter is just to open my eyes to different situations or scenarios that could sway my evaluation in a negative manner. Before making any evaluations, I should examine everything completely and come up with my own evaluation; except for some skilled evaluations. With skilled evaluations, I think it would depend on the situation whether I would just listen immediately or take some time to consider what was said.

No comments:

Post a Comment