Sunday, March 1, 2009

CRCB - Chapter 14: Evaluating Internet Resources Exercise

“CRCB”: Evaluating Internet Resources – Exercise

Learning Journal – Page 473:
Write about whether you enjoy working on the Internet, and how much time you currently spend searching for information.
I do enjoy using the Internet for many different reasons. I would say I spend at least an hour per day, if not, more on the Internet searching for information. I use the Internet as my primary source for my searching of information.

Exercise 14d - Evaluating Website Content - Page 480:
Evaluate the website http://www.d-b.net/dti/

1. What is the title? Clones-R-Us

2. What is the main idea? The main idea of this web site is to inform and sell. This website says they are the world’s first and largest reproductive cloning provider.

3. What do you already know about the topic? I don’t know much about human cloning. I have not really followed this topic.

4. Using the criteria presented in Step 4, explain why it would or would not be a good site to use as a source. Provide example to support your conclusion.
I am not sure how I feel about this site using the criteria presented in step 4. It is obvious to me that this website is mostly a sales site. There is a price list on how much different clones cost, and an online order form. That seems a little strange to me. This site does have links that take you to other sites, such as news sites, debate sites, political and legal information sites, etc. I am not sure I would use this site as a good source though. I may take it into consideration if I was to do research on this subject, but I also would definitely look at other sites as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment